Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2018, 09:06:24 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Web Site Is Online! Check out the Calendar, Gallery and this Forum.

+  pahrumpvalley4wheelers.com
|-+  PahrumpValley4Wheelers Tips and Tricks
| |-+  Uploading pictures
| | |-+  Help with uploading pics
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Help with uploading pics  (Read 1414 times)
Larry Moody
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: January 25, 2010, 09:07:35 PM »

I've heard that several members are not uploading their pictures because it's just too complicated and/or they get some message about the pictures being too big; so I'm adding this post to (hopefully) help you resolve any issues and get those pics posted  ;)

It's true that the system only allows pictures under a certain size... unfortunately, it's also true that most digital cameras take pictures that are larger than this size limit. So, the solution is to "shrink" your pictures before you try to upload them. Not only will this eliminate any annoying error messages, but it will also make the whole process go A LOT FASTER.

Now, there are many (and I'm talking hundreds) ways to shrink the image files produced by a typical digital camera. If you have any image editing program, like PhotoShop, PaintShop, or even Microsoft Paint, you can edit the files with that program and save it as a smaller file. There are several ways to accomplish this; you can reduce the color count, you can change the image's dimensions, you can save it in another format, like gif or bmp. Any of these steps will result in a smaller file with no significant loss of quality.

BUT WAIT!!! There's an easier way! This is by far, the simplest and quickest way to get your files down to a manageable size so they'll upload without issues. Are you ready? Ok... it's called "PhotoResize400" and it's a FREE program that you can download right now from this link:

http://www.rw-designer.com/picture-resize

I will now explain how to use this little dandy and I guarantee you will be amazed at how simple it really is. Here are the steps:

• Download the file "PhotoResize400.exe" and save it to your desktop
  • Open Windows explorer and locate the folder where your image files are stored
  • Select one or more image files
  • Drag the selected file(s) directly onto the PhotoResize400 icon on your desktop (there's no need to "run" PhotoResize)
  • New, smaller, copies of your images will be created automagically and placed in the same folder as the originals. The new files will have the same name as the originals, but with a "-400" added.
  • That's it! You're Done!

Now you should have no problems uploading as many pictures as you want!

I hope this was helpful and if you have any questions, please email me with your phone number and I will walk you through it over the phone.

-- Larry
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 04:11:38 PM by larry.moody » Logged
AZOTH99

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 02:35:53 PM »

Photobucket is really easy to use as well. and with photobucket  it will always save your picture you will be able to use it on any forum out there as well as facebook and any other social media. Good place to save pictures for FREE that you don't have to use up your hardrive space or worry about your computer crashing and loose all of your pictures.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length